I hardly can keep my eyes open, but I have to share some thougths about the movie I just saw: Milk. Sean Penn plays the main character Harvey Milk, who was a gay politician in San Francisco in the 1970s. He fought for the rights of the homosexual community, first in his quarter Castro and then in the whole USA.
On my way home thoughts rushed through my mind, but now I can't quite capture them... The movie deeply impressed me. I admire Milks brave to never give up although there were a whole lot of barriers, he even got threats to murder him if he won't stop. I was touched by several scenes in this movie, which I don't describe here in case anyone hasn't seen the movie yet. For the same reason I won't tell the ending, although I wish I could.
Of course I know, that there are a lot of people on this planet who don't exactly share my opinion of a just world and human rights or whose opinions even might be contrary to mine. Nevertheless I was shocked by statements made by Milks political contrahents, saying that they want to take away all civil rights from homosexual people and that there is no place on earth for them. These might not have been the exact words they used, but the movie is based on a true story, so the general message should be the same. I absolutely don't have any words for that.
Reading through the post again I am not sure if it really expresses my thoughts but right now there is no better way to fomulate it. This is not because of the foreign language, my impressions and feelings about this movie are just a bit chaotic. Maybe there will be a more structured post in a few days...
No comments:
Post a Comment